Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Orion by Roscoe James


He whispered in the dark.

‘Tell me where to touch you so I may drive you insane.’

She smiled.

He blew on her ear.

‘Tell me where you find the greatest pleasure.’

Her skin exploded in a million tiny bumps.

He trailed his finger down her spine and insisted.

‘Tell me of your most intimate place that I may rape and ravage you beyond all reason.’

She kissed him softly and whispered back.

‘Touch my mind.’


Blurb:

Genre: BDSM Erotic Contemporary
Length: Novel

Amid the towering monuments of Manhattan's concrete jungle, Pamela Wilkinson wasn't looking for a white picket fence and roses. She didn't yearn for silk sheets and gentle caresses. She wanted something else. Something different. Something good girls aren't supposed to crave and good boys know nothing about. She wanted more than the pull of rope against her wrists, the smell of leather in her nose, and the loud clang of the dungeon door slamming shut on her heart. She wanted the forbidden dance of master and submissive.

Horatio Sloan, wealthy eccentric and not easily denied, demanded more from Pamela than just her body. From a small art gallery in SoHo to the cold marble floor of his study, he would take from her more than her soul, demand more than just her heart, and possess her darkest, most secret place...

Her mind.


My Thoughts:

In Orion you follow Pam through her journey of finding and experiencing a new way of life. You watch her struggle with knowing what she wants while knowing that most people would find it completely insane. In the opening scenes of the book, Pam tells you that she doesn’t want just the average sexual relationship but someone to dominate her mind.

I was mesmerized by Pam’s journey into submissive. I was one of those people who would look at the pictures of leather, chains, collars, etc and think… Nasty. James puts your mind into another frame, allowing you to understand what is going through the mind of a submissive. It’s not about the sex or kink, but about pleasing your mate.

Anyone that is interested in BDSM really should read Orion. This book was thought provoking to say the least. James has created a world in which you are allowed to learn the inner workings of the mind of a submissive and a dominant. Following Pam through her journey, her decisions to become a submissive, the struggle of finding a Dom, her inner turmoil, and eventually her trial as a Dom will keep you intrigued and turning the pages.


**you will also find my review/thoughts on You Gotta Read .


2 comments:

Lea said...

Heather;

What a wonderful review! I will read Orion, I must. It sounds amazing.

Thank you for sharing.

L

Heather D said...

thanks Lea! I was sorely tempted to put this book aside in the beginning. I am glad that I pushed myself to keep reading, I am taking so much from it. I loved the ending!!

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer