Monday, June 15, 2009

In my mailbox

I know I just posted about the books I bought last week and the two that I had received in the mail. I don't use my home address for anything, all that I get here at the house is junk mail. I do this because-- when we first moved out here there were a string of mailbox burglaries going on. Instead of having to worry whether or not I was going to get my checks stolen, my husband and I opted to get a PO Box. There hasn't been a problem since the first year, but we have kept the PO Box for several reasons 1. If its raining and I can't get the mail right away, it stays dry (OK this is a lame excuse). 2. If I go out of town I don't have to place a hold on my mail. 3 I know my mail is there and no one but USPS employees are going to get their grubbies on it.

Any way I had to make a post office run today. I was delighted to find two books waiting for me!

Kiss of the Wolf by Morgan Hawke (ordered from PBS)

PASSION IN ANY FORM

Thorn Ferrell is a courier for the new American Secret Service, entrusted with carrying a secret message into Rumania in the dead of winter. It would be impossible for anyone to pass the Carpathian Mountains, but not Thorn, for she is also a werewolf. Settling into a deep cave for the night, she senses something else there in the dark...something not quite human, something that provokes both fear and a primal lust. And then he appears—tall, sensual, predatory, with black eyes and a body of carved beauty...

As a vampire, Yaroslav is used to hunting for prey. But the beautiful naked woman who emerges from the wolf's form arouses a far different hunger. She is his equal in power, sensual skill, and carnal appetite. If he cannot tame her, he can certainly pleasure her. As they spend the night taking each other to new heights of raw need and unimaginable bliss, Yaroslav experiences something new, a desire so deep he will do anything to keep his new lover by his side forever...

AND

Book Description:
From Seeing Eye dogs to the cat who cuddles in your lap, animals are there for us in more ways than we can count. Helping us get through the day with a wag of the tail and a tilt of the head, they let us know that someone is on our side—no matter what. They also have an amazing ability to break down barriers between people; bringing families and loved ones closer, and giving strangers an excuse to strike up a conversation. In Tails of Love, each writer draws from her own unique perspective on our loyal friends—exploring the many mysterious ways they bring love into our lives.

Thank You Anna for holding this giveaway and giving me the chance to experience this wonderful book as well as being part of something so much more. All author and agent proceeds go to a no-kill animal shelter: Animal Adoption Foundation

Thank you Sue-Ellen Welfonder for giving me such a great book!!

3 comments:

Amy C said...

Oh yeah, you won Tails of Love! Congratulations on that! I have it, but haven't gotten to it yet :).

Lea said...

Enjoy your books Heather!

Tails of Love sounds so sweet. :)

And, that "Kiss of the Wolf", books looks hawt! Let us know if you like it. :)

L

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!! Enjoy your books!

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer