Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Frustrated

We bought my daughter an Ipod last year. She had it for less than a month when it started acting up. The darn thing would only play 30 seconds of any song. It didn't matter where we got the music from, whether Itunes, a CD, or another music website, they all did the same thing. I called Apple about it and they said that I needed to take it into an Apple store to have it fixed. Of course my daughter was heading to spend the summer with her dad so I asked if he could get it done while she was up there. It was never taken in. She somehow managed to get it working properly without having to go in. Well it kept happening and she kept figuring out how to get it to work... then came the time when she could no longer get it to work. My husband and I went out and bought her the Zune. This has been a wonderful player for her. We have had no problems and it actually holds more for a little less.
My husband, being the sweetheart that he is, took the kids out and bought me one for Mothers Day. I had been talking about wanting something to download books to. With my new car having a MP3 player jack it would work great when the kids decided that they wanted to watch movies in the back (fortunately the novelty has worn off). A MP3 player for downloadable books would work for my gym workouts as well. To my frustration the Microsoft Zune is not compatible with any book formats. It keeps telling that it is not from the Zune store and therefore is not compatible. I am wishing now that I had taken it back and got another IPod. The only reason I really wanted it for was the books and now I cant even use it for that. Occasionally I can find a book on CD that I can upload to the computer and transfer over to my Zune, which is great, but it is not often. I also worry about Copy Right laws. I have heard from some people that it is technically illegal.
I just found my Zune in my desk collecting dust. I added some more music to it, maybe I will eventually start using it. Right now it is a waste of $200.

1 comment:

Cindy W said...

You should talk to Heather D on Shelfari, she can tell you how to convert!

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer