Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Brat by Lynsay Sands


Fall Challenge #6. Read a book by an author with a "S" name for September.
Read around the genre challenge-Historical
340 pages
Rating: 5 stars
Back Cover: WHO WOULD MARRY...
All the knights had heard tales of Lady Murie, King Edward III's goddaughter and much feted favorite. It was said she was stunningly beautiful, with bright blue eyes, golden hair and a sweet smile. It was also said that the king had doted on the girl and spoiled her rotten. Despite his need, when Sir Balan saw her howling and sobbing, Murie was the last person he wanted to wed.
...THE BRAT?
But all that glitters is not gold, and sometimes diamonds look very, very rough. There was more to Murie than met the eye, and Balan soon learned that he'd be lucky indeed to deserve such a bride. Yet he was not the only one to discern the truth, and the other hopeful hubby was not quite as honorable. A plot was afoot. Soon would come a reckoning, a time to show who was chivalrous, who was a cad... and who had won the love of a heart unspoiled.
My Review:
This is only my second book by Lynsay Sands and I enjoyed it more than the first. I just loved Murie who is not what the rumors say she is. She is rather sweet and compassionate once you get passed her facade. She cracked me up through out the book with her silly superstitions. These silly superstitions were also endearing. She manages to use and to place with them on a number of occasions. The wedding night had me rolling it was so comical. I really don't know what to say about Balan except that he is the big strong silent type! The passion between these two was hot, they couldn't seem to keep their clothes on, but it was not overwhelming. The suspenseful part (someone trying to kill Balan) through me for a loop too. I can't say much more than that with out giving it away.
This was a light and easy read that kept me turning page after page and is the only book thus far in the Fall Challenge that only took a day to read. I will definitely be looking for more books by Lynsay Sands!

No comments:

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer