Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn


#9. Title with an address or a place in it (city, state, river, lake, cottage)
Rating: 4 stars
I have only read a few of Julia Quinn's books, so I can't say what I was really expecting. I liked this book, but I there was something that didn't sit well with me and I just can't put my finger on it at the moment. Grace, the heroine, was just an average character. I admired her loyalty to Thomas and the grace in which she was able to deal with the antagonist (dowager Duchess) of the story. At the beginning I was a little miffed by her, she seemed really weak. She did end up growing on me a little more througout the story. Jack was a stronger character full of wit and charm. He definitely had his father's traits that the dowager Duchess seemed so fond of, just not in Jack who was constantly using them on her. I was brought to tears with the meeting between Jack and his aunt Mary. I didn't care for the epilogue. I will however pick up Mr. Cavendish, I presume and finish reading about this family. This was definitely not my favorite JQ book.

No comments:

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer