Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bookworm Award


DeSeRt RoSe awarded me with the Bookworm Award!! Isn't it lovely. Thank you so very much DeSeRt RoSe!!
I can appearantly share this with others, this is how it works:
Open the book closest to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following there.
The book closest to me is Some Like It Wicked by Teresa Medeiros. I am in the middle of it and only put it down to check my emails and see whats been happening at Shelfari while I have been out of town.
Page 56. Sentences 5-10:
"Why should it require me to trade one set of shackles for another?"
"Because I don't have the means to hire you outright. But I do have a very generous dowry." She lowered her eyes, her thick lashes casting a shadow on her cheeks. "A dowry that's just been doubled by my uncle in his desperation to be rid of me."
"Was this before or after he found out you were going to Newgate to look for a husband?"
Now I have to tag 5 of my fellow bloggers!
2. Beth (Carpool Queen)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Love your bookworm award, nice photo.

Desert Rose said...

You are welcome, glad you liked it :)

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer