Monday, May 11, 2009

Lover Enshrined by JR Ward

I have been slow in posting this review. I really just don't know what I would rate it. I enjoyed all of the sub plots, but like almost everyone else who has read and reviewed this book Phury and Cormia really got on my nerves. Phury was having one hell of a Pity party going and Cormia was just down right annoying. What's sad about it all is that I am in no mood to even start Lover Avenged at this point, even though I have been told that it is 10x better, so I am taking a break from the Brotherhood. I am going to read some of the other books from my spring challenge, there is no way that I will finish reading the remaining 8 books on the list, but I am going to do my best.
Phury, Zsadist's twin, thinks he is in love with Bella, is feeling sorry for himself because he has been shown no appreciation for spending his life trying to save Zsadist. He has just stepped up and offered himself to the Scribe Virgin to take Vishous's place as the Primemale even though he has sworn his life to celibacy. You would think from everything that you have read about Phury in all of the other books that you would really feel sorry for this vampire. He is all about everyone else's happiness, giving to a fault, blah blah blah. Phury really just peed in my Wheaties. He made choices and gave his word to people he loved or for people he loved, only to break it and create a bigger addiction for himself trying to avoid feeling the guilt that comes along with letting someone down. When in fact the only way he was letting anyone down was through his self destructive actions. While I understood the reasoning behind the Brotherhood turning their back on him, it did make the side of me that was pitying Phury a little angry. Hello, look at everything he has down for you ungrateful vampires, but then the more logical side of me woke up and said Hell Yeah!! Cormia just annoyed me. I don't even know what to say about her. There definitely didn't seem to be any romance what so ever between these two. I really wasn't feeling the relationship at all and found myself wishing for him to stay the Primemale so that he could mate with all the other Chosen, let her go into Sechlusion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Heather! I'm with you, I wasn't a big fan of Cormia. I think you'll enjoy Rehv's story MUCH more.

Heather D said...

LoL I think a lot of people feel the same way. I read a review by another author, Keta Diablo, who read this one first and doesn't know whether or not she will pick up another from the series. I am trying to convince her to at least read Rhage's story before she gives up on the series.

My loving family got me the Kindle for Mother's day, so I have been busy playing with it and have downloaded a couple of books. I will probably start LAv in a week or so, after the newness of my toy wears off a little. LOL

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer