Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Lady Captor by Hannah Howell

Lady Sorcha Hay is devastated to learn that English soldiers are holding her young brother captive. Penniless, the only way she can pay for his freedom is by taking a hostage for ransom herself. Her captive--a wounded knight plucked from the battlefield--is furious to be imprisoned by a woman. But nothing will stop Sorcha from keeping Sir Ruari Kerr enslaved, even as the sight of his bronzed body sets her mind reeling and her senses afire..

With her dark mane and soft curves, Sorcha is everything Ruari has ever desired in a woman. As she tends to his wounds, Ruari fights the intense attraction that ignites at her very touch. But he can't afford to lose his heart to his tempting captor. For when he's finally rescued by his men, Sorcha will pay dearly for her treachery--and loving her could put both their lives in peril...

My Thoughts:

It seems that I have been reading a lot of New To Me authors lately. I have not been disappointed in any of them and Hannah Howell has definitely lived up to the expectations that I have created of late in reading these NTM authors.
My Lady Captor was exceptionally good. I enjoyed that Sorcha was such a strong woman, and was ultimately leading her clan while everyone waited for her brother, Dougal, to finally mature enough to use the brain God gave him. When Sorcha finds out that Dougal has been taken captive by the English her only option is to hold Rauri Kerr and his cousin Beatham for ransom. Sorcha has a strong attraction towards Rauri but knows that nothing can come of it, she is a landless and dowerless woman of high birth and his pride in being taken captive by a woman will not allow them to ever form a match. The two must come to terms with this and offer only the passions that rise whenever they are near.

My Lady Captor was humorous, sexy and passionate. The constant bickering and kidnapping between the clans mixed in with some unhappy spirits made for a really fun read. I have definitely found another HR author to put on my list of must haves.

Rating 5

5 comments:

VampFanGirl said...

Glad you enjoyed this one Heather!

Hugs, VFG

Heather D said...

Thanks VFG! I did have a great time reading this one!

Cybercliper said...

I haven't read this one but I've loved all the other Hannah Howell books I've read!!! Great Review!

Heather D said...

Thanks Cyberclipper. I have seen HH's books around for a while but for some reason I have never picked her up. Like I said I thoroughly enjoyed this one and look forward to reading more. Which book would you recommend I read next?

Cybercliper said...

Oh wow, it's an oldie moldie but IMO Beauty and the Beast was a great one and also Highland Honor.

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer