Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!!!

Happy 4th everyone! I don't have any grand plans for today. My son and I will spend the day together doing whatever he wants and tonight we will shoot off some of our own fireworks in the street. For some reason my son doesn't want to go see the big ones, which is fine for me I won't have to fight with the traffic again.

I spent the entire week at my dad's house in Savannah. My plans had originally been to leave Monday or Tuesday, but ended up loading everything up Sunday afternoon and hitting the road. My thought process at the time was that if I left earlier then I could come home earlier and beat the holiday traffic. That didn't work out as well as I had planned either. My son decided he would rather stay longer and give up some stuff we were planning on doing here. So I finally got on the road yesterday. The drive started off great and it looked like I would be on the road for the normal allotted time. No such luck, I75 was completely blocked for miles. My normally 4 1/2 hr drive took 7 1/2. So today I am more than willing to just stay home and shoot the fireworks off in the street.

What are your plans for the wonderful day of celebration?

5 comments:

Amy C said...

Hey Heather, I can't say I blame you for wanting to just stay home rather than fight the crowds. I think that might be what my mom does with my son later. I don't think she really wants to take him to see the fireworks. I mean, she does, but it's the traffic afterward! I think they'll go out to eat then ice cream or something. My mom's cool with Devin.

I hope you have a great day!

Heather D said...

Thanks Amy!

Anonymous said...

Have a great 4th with your son Heather! No grand plans here either this year (the weather was too iffy to plan anything outdoors).
:o)

Lea said...

Have a wonderful 4th of July Heather! :)

L

Cindy W said...

Somehow I missed this, hope you had a happy 4th! Yeah your Hubby's home!!!

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer