Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


I am using Outlander by Diana Gabaldon for number 5. I decided to read this book, not necessarily for the challenge, because my sister highly recommended it several weeks ago and I have heard alot of talk about this series in several other groups on Shelfari. I admit I cheated and listened to this novel on audio...like I said I was not originally going to use this as part of the challenge, but upon finishing I couldn't resist. That being said I need to include the narrator... she did an excellent job, probably the best audio I have heard in a long time.


Claire is a combat nurse from WWII who, while on vacation in Scotland with her husband Frank, travels back in time to war-torn Scotland. She is befriended by a group of Scots, who originally believe that she is an English spy. Claire's capabilities as a nurse enables her to heal Jaime, who has escaped a barbaric English prison. Jaime has vowed to protect Claire with his body! Oh my what this man goes through... he is strong, romantic, and honorable... I just cant come up with the right words for him.

I have never been one for time travel books. I must say it is one of the reasons I was leery of getting into this novel, but I really can say that the TT aspect of the novel did not affect it at all. I loved this book. So all of you out there that have not read Outlander because it is tagged Time Travel... Get over it and read!!!!!
I rated this one a 5.

No comments:

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer