Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Leopard Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt

ROR Winter Challenge #2. Title read and reviewed during the Fall Challenge (Cindy W)
SRC: Book two (book 1: The Raven Prince, read '08)
Published 2007
345 pages
Rating: 5 stars

back cover: THE ONE THING A LADY MUST NEVER DO
Wealthy Lady Georgina Maitland doesn't want a husband, though she could use a good steward to run her estates. One look at Harry Pye, and Georgina knows she's not just dealing with a servant, but a man.
IS FALL IN LOVE...
Harry has known many aristocrats- including one particular nobleman who is his sworn enemy. But Hary has never met a beautiful lady so independent, uninhibited, and eager to be in his arms.
WITH HER SERVANT.
Still, it's impossible to conduct a discreet liaison when poisoned sheep, murdered villagers, and an enraged magistrate have the county in an uproar. The locas blame Harry for everything. Soon it's all Georgina can do to keep her head above water and Harry's out of the noose... without missing another night of love.

My Review: I had a rough time of getting started with this book. I don't know if it was all the activity that comes with the holidays or if it was just slow getting started. Being stranded in a car for eleven hours definitely cured me of whatever it was holding me back in getting into this Hoyt novel. I must say that it was definitely worth the wait!
I enjoyed the relationship between George and Harry much more than I did with Anna and Edward from The Raven Prince. I think it may have to do with the idea of forbidden love. George has waited so long... well not really waited so much as prolonged what seems to be the inevitable, only to find love in the arms of her "servant". George definitely knew what she wanted. You could definitely feel the internal struggles that both George and Harry experienced. This novel will definitely put you into a great big SIGH mode...sweet, passionate, and mysterious! The mystery surrounding this couple definitely added a little umph to the story line! While I wasn't completely taken by surprise with who was guilty of poisoning the sheep, it was rather surprising nonetheless.
The Loepard Prince is by far my favorite of the three Elizabeth Hoyt novels that I have read. It definitely earns a spot on my keeper shelf.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

No comments:

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer