Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Peacemaker by Lori Copeland


Inspirational
published 2005
298 pages

I read The Peacemaker for the Read Around the Genre challenge. I had a hard time finding a title that fell under Inspirational as this category is definitely one that I don't frequent. On vacation on year I was need of a book and the resort just so happened to have books available for check out. I ran across a Lori Copeland title and really enjoyed it. So when I came across her while searching the inspirational authors and titles I figured I would give this one a try.

The Peacemaker is the first in Copeland's Men of the Saddle series.

Wynne Elliot is hell bent on finding Cass Claxton and shooting on the spot for stealing her blind and leaving her at the altar. She takes off across the country to River Run Missouri only to have the stagecoach she is traveling on robbed 5 miles outside of town. She has had it with men, you can't trust any of them! When Beau and Cole come up to aid the displaced travelers she pulls a gun on them and ultimately ends up making a complete fool of herself. She unknowingly excepts help from Cass's family.
When Cole finds out what Wynne is really up to he tells himself that he is only following the pain-in-the- you know what to prevent her from killing his baby brother. Why should he help out this spitfire, she is liable to get them both killed.
Reminding herself of one of the Ten Commandments, Thou shall not kill, she is constantly at battle with herself and asking God's forgiveness. Cole is asking the good Lord for enough strength to do what is right and not abandon this "Addlebrained woman" on the side of the road without the means or skills to survive.

While not my normal cup of tea, I did enjoy this book. My interest is definitely piqued enough to want to continue with the series eventually.
Rating 4... I know it is inspirational, but no where near enough passion or steam for me!

No comments:

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer