Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon


I have heard so many good things about this series, but I have to say that it may not be my cup of tea. I have tried for 2 weeks to read Fantasy Lover and I still have over 100 pages left to go. I think it is time for me to move on to another book. I have two others that I would like to read before the end of February in order to complete the winter ROR challenge. I am not exactly shelving this book and it is not going back into my TBR pile, I am just putting it to the side. I feel so awful about it... I don't think I have ever stopped midway in any romance book. Hopefully I will be able to make time in the coming weeks to finish this one. All this being said, I am not going to give a rating to Fantasy Lover yet, I will wait until I finish it.

5 comments:

Clover Autrey said...

I've only not finished a few books as well, but as I get busier, it's happening more and more.

Heather said...

At least I am not alone...lol. But the sad part is that I have not been all that busy! I have been spending more time on my computer though and I think I have started watching a little more night time t.v.

lastnerve said...

When you don't get into a book it is best to just put it aside for a while. You may not be ready to read it just yet. There are so many books that I have had to put aside and every time I do, I look at the book and think it's something about me that I didn't get into it. HOWEVER, I have found that when I pick up the book, it has been after I have read other blurbs, books etc and I can finally get into it. It's all a matter of timing with a book for me! Wow, I wrote a novel almost huh? lol

Stephanie said...

With having 100 pages left you haven't gotten to the payoffs... BUT Fantasy Lover - while it introduces Julian who shows up regularly... I don't count it as a Dark Hunter book. All the books - except from Acheron on - can be read in just about any order. My favorites were Seize the Night and Night Play... they were both pretty fast moving.

Heather said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I will probably pick it back up later. I kept my place marked and it sits ontop of my dresser for future reading. I have two others by Kenyon in my closet waiting to be read.

 
Blog Design Created By Barbara Using V. Karolyi's A Little Like Summer